The Hotel Hohenstaufen was built in 1905 near the main railway station. Its central location in the heart of Koblenz, its close proximity to the historic Old Town and the personal service, made it to one of the most important hotels in Koblenz during this time.
Through the ownership and management change in May 2012 and the subsequent renovation the Hohenstaufen has become a hotel which combine’s tradition with modern facilities. Our Hohenstaufen features 53 spacious rooms, two elevators, conference and event rooms, 24 hour reception and room service, – allowing guests to enjoy any occasion.
Here you may not be at home, but you are staying with close friends. The day starts with a rich breakfast buffet and if you want, during the day or evening you can enjoy our restaurant Mondrian which offers fresh burgers and Mediterranean cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere.
As a guest of good friends Our motto is our claim.
Adapters and a variety of mobile phone chargers are available at the front desk for a deposit of 20.00 €.
Our rooms are not air-conditioned, but there is a fan in each room. After cleaning the room, housekeeping closes the windows and curtains so that your room does not heat up during the day.
If you hear a loud alarm throughout the hotel, we ask you to please leave the hotel immediately via the marked emergency exits. Please follow the instructions of our staff and the fire department. Fire extinguishers and fire detectors are located on each floor. These are marked on the escape plan in your room. If you suspect a fire in a part of the hotel building, please inform the front desk immediately by dialing „91“ or 0261 301491 via your mobile phone. For more detailed information, please refer to the section „Rules of conduct in the event of a hotel fire“ at the end of this guest information sheet.
Our rooms are available for check in at 2.00 p.m. local time. An early check-in is only possible upon request and depending on availability.
We will gladly provide you with a baby bed and a changing mat for free. Please contact the front desk.
Volksbank Koblenz RheinAhrEifel eG, Rizzastraße 34, 56068 Koblenz
Sparkasse Koblenz, Bahnhofstraße 11, 56068 Koblenz
Both banks are situated approximately 3 minutes walking distance in direction of the old town.
All our beds are equipped with a breathable mite- and wetness protection.
We offer a 24 hours beverage service. Please call the reception (dial „91“) for details.
Bibles are available at the front desk upon request.
For our bike-traveling guests we provide a bicycle storage space and a small repair kit on request. You also have the option of charging your e-bike batteries at the hotel for free. Please contact the front desk staff for further information. Charging the batteries in the room is forbidden for fire protection reasons. A bicycle workshop „Radsport Regenhardt“ is located in Markenbildchenweg 28, 56068 Koblenz, approximately 2 minutes walking distance from here.A bicycle repair shop „Radsport Regenhardt“ is located at Markenbildchenweg 28, 56068 Koblenz (2 minutes walk).
You can find tips on cycle paths in the Middle Rhine Valley on the Rhine and Moselle, e.g. under
You can also find cycling maps for the Rhine and Moselle at the Rhein-Bike bike rental shop or in the nearby Reuffel bookstore at Löhrstrasse 92.
There are two bike rental shops within walking distance, where you can rent city, trekking and mountain bikes, e-bikes and children’s bikes as well as helmets etc. If you need assistance, please contact the reception.
Enjoy our rich breakfast buffet on
Monday – Friday: 6:00 – 10:00 a.m.
Saturday: 7:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Sundays and holidays: 7:30 – 11:00 a.m.
You have no breakfast reservation? – You are welcome to decide spontaneously.
We ask for your understanding that we do not accept table reservations for breakfast.
We accept EC-, Visa-, Amex and Mastercard payments.
If you need a quiet place for important meetings, we can offer you 2 conference rooms and also provide you with meals or beverages. Our reception staff looks forward to be of service to you and assists you.
We offer a print- and copy service for your documents:
black / white 0.30 € per page
colored 0.40 € per page
Regular check out time is until 11.00 a.m. on the day of departure. A late departure is only possible after consultation with the front desk and depending on the availability of the room. A late check out until 2.00 p.m. will be charged with an additional fee of 50.00 €. If you wish to stay longer we will charge the full room rate.
In case of health issues or emergencies please contact the front desk. We will gladly assist you and provide you with information on the closest medical practice or hospital.
Your dog is also welcome at our hotel. For your pet we charge a cleaning fee of 15.00 € per day. The stay requires you to bring a basket or blanket, as dogs are not allowed in the bed or on the sofa. Please keep your dog on a leash in the public hotel areas. You are welcome to take your dog into the restaurant, but not during breakfast due to the open breakfast buffet.
Please use the glass elevator, not the staff elevator. In case of emergency, you will be directly connected to the rescue coordination center if you press the emergency button. Please keep calm. You will be helped immediately. In case of a fire, the elevator must not be used, please use the stairs/emergency exits.
In case of emergency please dial „91“ to contact the front desk or dial +4926130140 from your mobile phone.
The network infrastructure here at the hotel does not allow us to use a super charger, but you can have your e-car charged in our courtyard at an 11kW charging station overnight for 29.00 € (the parking fee is also included in the price).
All nearby charging stations are displayed on the internet under the search term ‚E-Charging Stations Koblenz‘.
On the inside of your room door you will find our emergency plan.
Please familiarize the escape routes. On each floor are two entrances to the staircases. There you will find fire extinguishers which should only be used in emergency cases.
Our fax number is +49 (0)261 – 30 14444. We would gladly send a fax for you and charge 0.30 € per unit.
Our hotel has a central fire alarm system, so all areas of the hotel are equipped with fire detectors. The handling of open fire, as well as the preparation of hot dishes is prohibited in the hotel rooms and the entire hotel area. Please note that if you alert the fire department individually, you will be charged for the resulting operation.
Via Koblenz2Go you can conveniently order meals from many Koblenz restaurants to your hotel. Please visit www.koblenz2go.de
The bedding is changed two times a week during a longer stay. If you wish to forgo our service for environmental reasons, please let us know. If you wish a daily change of sheets, please contact the front desk. We charge an additional fee of 10.00 € for each service.
Our front desk is open 24 hours a day. You can also reach us if you dial „91“ on your room phone.
Our housekeeping staff operates daily from 8.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. in the house. If you do not want to be disturbed, please hang the `do not disturb sign´ on the outside of the doorknob. Please note that cleaning after 2.00 p.m. is not possible.
High speed W-Lan access is available for free in the entire hotel building and also in our restaurant. The access code is available at the front desk.
In order to improve our service even more, we plan the set up of a fitness room, a snack machine and a vinotheque for our guests. You may already be able to use these during your next stay.
On request, we will gladly provide you with an iron and an ironing board free of charge. Please make sure the iron is turned off as soon as you leave the room.
We will gladly provide you with a kettle free of charge and upon request. Please contact the hotel reception.
You will find a laundry bag with the price list in one of the cupboards in your room. Please note that it takes 1 to 2 days for your laundry to be ready. Alternatively, you can visit the laundromat located at Bahnhofstraße 22 just 2 minutes walking distance from the hotel.
Please contact us if you have left or forgotten something in the hotel. In order to ship your item, we ask you to provide us with your credit card details. We will charge the shipping costs immediately before shipment. A payment on delivery is not possible.
We can store your luggage for you on the day of arrival or departure for free.
Please note that the hotel assumes no liability.
Please note that the night rest is important for our guests, therefore we ask you to take consideration, between 10.00 p.m. and 5.00 a.m.
For a day trip or if you have to leave before breakfast, we will gladly put together a packed lunch for you for an additional cost of 14.90 €. We ask for prior booking, as well as information about possible food intolerances, allergies, diet or nutritional restrictions.
There is public parking directly at the hotel. The parking requires fees on weekdays from 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. (every 4 hours / 6.00 €). An alternative is the underground car park at the main station (about 100 m walking distance) for a daily rate of 20.00 €. If you stay longer, you can also purchase a weekly ticket for 60.00 €. The price for parking past one week is then scaled again from the 2nd week. For further information please contact the front desk.
Regenbogen Apotheke, Bahnhofstraße 37, 56068 Koblenz, Tel.: 0261 – 38554.
Mon – Fri 08:00 – 18:30 hrs.
Sat 09:00 – 13:00
The Pharmacy is located approximately 2 minutes walking distance from the hotel.
You can find an emergency pharmacy outside of these times on the internet or contact reception on internal extension 91.
If you require additional pillows, blankets or towels, please contact the reception.
A post office is located at Bahnhofplatz 16, 56068 Koblenz right next to the main station. (approximately 3 minutes walking distance from the hotel). A mailbox is located right across the street from the hotel. Postage stamps can be purchased at the front desk.
You can find these in our lobby.
Radio stations can be found on your TV.
Take the opportunity to reserve your next stay in our hotel directly with us. Contact our reception team or book directly by telephone, e-mail or via our website www.hohenstaufen.de
You benefit from our best price guarantee (up to 16% cheaper than the online hotel booking portals).
Our restaurant Mondrian is open for you daily and offers a varied modern cuisine with fine wines – regional and international.
From 11.30 a.m. to 2.30 p.m. you will receive a daily changing lunch menu.
In the evening our kitchen closes at 9.30 p.m.
Also note our themed evenings and gourmet tastings (wine, whiskey and gin). Further information can be found at www.mondrian-koblenz.de
To reserve a table, dial „91“ or „501“.
As our hotel guest you benefit from a special 10% discount on your meals in the restaurant. You will receive a voucher from us upon arrival. If you have already booked half-board or an arrangement package in advance, you already benefit from this offer.
When you leave the house, we recommend that you leave your key at the front desk. You can pick it up anytime. When leaving the room, you do not need to lock the door, just pull it close until you hear it click and it cannot be opened without authorization. In case you lock your door with your room key, please note that it can only be unlocked by us with a special emergency key.
We can store your valuables at our hotel safe at the reception. Please note that the hotel assumes no liability.
We would be delighted to receive your feedback. Please tell us about the overall impression of your stay, either directly or by leaving a review in the evaluation form you can find in the pamphlet stand in our lobby.
On our information wall in our lobby you will find a large number of flyers and brochures for excursions and events.
The Löhrstraße (Löhrstreet) with its variety of shops and department stores is the perfect location for a shopping trip and is only five minutes walking distance from here. In the city center you will also find the shopping malls „Löhr Center“ and „Forum“.
Smoking is prohibited in the entire hotel. In the case of infringement, we must charge you cleaning fee of up to 250.00 €.
There are taxis directly in front of the main train station, 100 meters from here.
Our front desk staff can also order a taxi for you.
Tablets are available at the reception for a deposit of 30.00 €.
Our telephone number is: +49 261 30140. Within the hotel and within Germany you can make free calls. For an outside line, please dial the 0. If you would like to reach another room, please select the corresponding room number. Your phone number for calls from overseas in the room is: +49 261 3014 + (your room number). If you wish to receive calls from within Germany the phone number is 0261 30140.
If you are missing toiletries (e.g. toothbrush, razor, …) please contact the front desk. We have a variety of toiletries that we offer to our guests for free. We also have plasters and bandages for you.
As the most beautiful destination in Koblenz, we recommend the cable car with a ride to the fortress “Ehrenbreitstein”. Tickets are available at the front desk or in the ticket shop at the cable car station. From up there you have an unobstructed view of the city and the Deutsches Eck. You can find more excursion destinations and events on our flyer wall in the lobby or online at www.koblenz-touristik.de
All our rooms are equipped with a satellite full HD LCD TV.
Umbrellas are available at the front desk for a deposit of 10.00 €.
The hotel is not responsible for any valuables kept in the room.
You would like to surprise someone and look for a suitable gift?
Our hotel and restaurant vouchers are available at the reception.
Please contact the front desk and specify when you wish to be woken up.
Please note that no liability is accepted.
You can find the current weather forecast and lots of other information in the lobby on our „Digital Concierge“, an interactive touch terminal.
If you wish to call another room of our hotel, please select the room number of the desired guest.
For wake up calls, please inform the front desk
(Please note that no liability is accepted.).
Fire / Rescue Service 112
Tchech Republic 00420
USA / Canada 001
- Das Erste HD 31. PHOENIX HD 61. Al JAZEERA Childrens
- ZDF HD 32. EuroNews 62. BBC Arabic
- SWR RP HD 33. Sport 1 63. Armenia TV
- RTL Television 34. Eurosport Deutschland 64. ARM_1
- SAT 1 35. Das VIERTE 65. CCTV 4
- VOX 36. DMAX 66. DOS TV 340
- ProSieben 37. TELE 5 67. TV9 Georgia
- Kabel eins 38. KiKA 68. ERT World
- RTL 2 39. NICK/COMEDY 69. RIKSat
- RTL NITRO 40. SUPER RTL 70. Arirang TV
- Arte HD 41. L-TV/TVM 71. Kurdistan TV
- Einfestival HD 42. Tagesschau 24 72. MKTV sat
- ServusTV HD 43. BBC World 73. BVN
- ANIXE HD 44. CNN Int. 74. GEM TV
- BR Süd HD 45. Sky News Intl 75. BBC Persian
- MDR Sachsen 46. CNBC Europe 76. Persian Film
- NDR FS 47. Bloomberg Europe 77. TV Polonia
- Rbb Berlin 48. ARTE 78. TVP Kultura
- WDR HD Köln 49. TV5MONDE 79. TVP Historia
- HR-fernsehen 50. TV8 Mont Blank 80. Cancao Nova Int.
- SR Fernsehen 51. France 24 81. 1TVRUS
- EinsPlus 52. Rai 1 82. Music Box Russia
- Einsfestival 53. Rai 2 83. R1
- BR-alpha 54. Rai Gulp 84. Canal 24 Horas
- 3sat HD 55. Rai Sport 1 85. TVE International
- ZDFinfo HD 56. Rai Sport 2 86. VTV4
- zdf_neo HD 57. Ariana Afghanistan
- Zdf.kultur HD 58. RTA
- N-tv 59. Dubai Sports 3
- N24 60. Al Jazeera
Rules of conduct in the event of a hotel fire
- Plan your escape route before being trapped by fire. Make sure that you know the emergency exits exactly and, if necessary, be able to find them in the dark.
- Place your room key within your reach. If you need to leave your room in an emergency, take the key with you. You may need it to return to your room. Close the door behind you.
- Do not use the elevator on your escape route.
- Keep calm. You can avoid panic if you are familiar with your environment and stick to a well-defined plan. For this reason we urge you to read this information further.
- If you notice any signs of fire or even the slightest suspicion of fire, report it immediately by phone to the front desk.
- Take your key before you leave the room. If you have your family with you, arrange a meeting point outside the hotel where you can find each other again in case you get separated.
- Check if the door or doorknob is warm. If so, do not open the door.
- If this is not the case, crouch down and slowly open the door, ready to close it anytime you see a cloud of smoke. If the corridor is clear, go straight to the emergency exit. Take your key with you and close the door behind you.
- Do not walk upright but stoop to avoid possibly inhaling smoke and carbon monoxide.
- Walk along the same side of the corridor as your emergency exit. Count the doors to the exit.
- When you reach the emergency exit, walk down the stairs quickly and carefully and hold onto the railing. If you notice smoke, try to avoid it and not to go through it, turn around and try the other staircase.
- If you cannot leave your room, make every effort to make yourself known. If you cannot reach the front desk, call the fire department (line 0 and then 112) and indicate where you are. Attract attention by hanging a sheet from the window.
- If there is smoke in the room, open the window. Do not smash the glass, because it is possible that after some time, smoke will penetrate from the outside.
- Fill the bathtub / sink with cold water. Dip towels and sheets into it until they are soaked. Plug the wet cloths around the door and into any cracks through which the smoke might enter.
- If the door and the walls are hot, splash water against them to keep them cool.
- A wet towel or cloth in front of the mouth and nose will filter the smoke.
- If there is fire in front of the window, tear down the curtains and keep everything flammable away.
- Do not jump out of the window, as all our rooms (even on the second floor) are too high to take a safe jump. A jump from this height can injure you dangerously. Try to protect yourself from the fire and make yourself known at the window.